Having wildlife in your house can cause serious and expensive damage to your premises. The damage is enough to empty your wallet and disturb your monthly budget. It also hurt the resale value of your home. There are different types of wildlife that live in your house with you such as squirrel, raccoons, skunk, rodents, opossum, bird, and chipmunks. Most of the homeowners don’t have any idea that they live with pests and animals until they get any kind of problem or damage.
Wildlife makes human house their own house just for food, shelter, for warmth, for safety and for many other reasons. They just not take food and shelter from humans, but also damage their property.
Here are some common types of animals that might be living with you in your home and damaging your house.
- Rodents: It is very difficult to find a house over the world which never had a rodent problem. Having rat or mice in your house is a very common problem throughout the world. Sometimes they just come to your house and go after eating something. But sometimes, they do not want to leave your house. Especially, during the winter season, they come into the house to nest and forage the food.
- Raccoons: Raccoons are very shy creatures and most often active at night. These are close relatives to weasels. If raccoons are trying to dig up your garden or just being a nuisance, you should call a professional as soon as possible. When they get into your house, they will damage your lawn, garden and property which is leading to thousands of dollars in repair costs.
- Opossums: Opossums also called possums. These are versatile animals that cause for a number of nuisance concerns. Due to some reasons, these animals are different from others. Female opossums have a pouch on her belly and carry young possums. These animals are good climber and they can climb into your chimney or come down from your chimney. They are very scary and they can bite your pets while stealing their food. They carry several diseases such as spotted fever, tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis, and tularemia.
- Skunks: Skunks are very small animals with black and white stripes. Not all skunks have strips on their fur, some of them have spots. These animals are around the size of a house cat. They love to live in woodlands, deserts, forest edges and grasslands. But they will also live in abandon buildings. Skunks are also known for their spray. A skunk can shoot up to ten feet. The scent is not harmful, but it last for days.
- Birds: Birds are an important part of our natural environment. But these are a real nuisance for your house or business. Often, they will look for a place where they can build their nests. They can build their new house into your shed, yard, attic, chimney or deck. The birds can damage your property by building their nests in grills, and leaving droppings that contribute several diseases.
So, these are some animals that you can see in your house. If you suspect any one of them into your premises, call a professional animal control service in Kitchener and its surrounding areas. For the effective and quality wildlife control solutions, rely on 911 Wildlife.